Fans in Manchester are still buzzing after what Pep Guardiola and Co. were able to accomplish on Wednesday night. Yup, with its 2-1 victory, Manchester City became only the third English club to ever take down Real Madrid in Spain.
As is typically the case, the play of Kevin De Bruyne has been a major topic of conversation, as he provided the assist for Gabriel Jesus's game-tying goal. He followed that up by converting on his penalty attempt in the 83rd minute to give the English Premier League powers the win.
How could things get any better for City?
Kevin De Bruyne has no plans to push for a move away from Manchester City.— Transfer News Live (@DeadlineDayLive) February 27, 2020
Exits at the Etihad Stadium have been mooted on the back of the Blues being stung with a two-year Champions League ban, but the Belgian is happy to stay put.
(Source: The Athletic) pic.twitter.com/Kgivn4am03
Incredible news! While Manchester City has made headlines in recent weeks after receiving a two-year Champions League ban, that isn't affecting the mindset in the locker room.
Guardiola has come out and said he's not planning on leaving the club. Now, De Bruyne, arguably the best midfielder in the world, has said the same. The Belgian star was somewhat forgotten last year after suffering a serious knee injury, but that has surely changed this year.
De Bruyne has 16 assists in league play thus far this season, which is No. 1 across the EPL. He's also got eight goals to his name.
With City pushing for a Champions League title this year, they've already got one foot in the quarterfinals thanks to the 2-1 win over Madrid. De Bruyne is a major reason for that.