It's quite honestly been a rough week for Manchester City and manager Pep Guardiola.
Just a few days ago, UEFA dropped some major news on us all, announcing City had been handed Financial Fair Play sanctions, which included a two-year ban from Champions League play.
Rumors then began to swirl Pep could be on his way out as the leader of this team. However, the 49-year-old Spaniard has already come out and provided quite the statement to the City players.
Pep Guardiola has told Man City players: “Whatever league we are in, I will still be here. Even if they put us in League Two, I will still be here. This is a time for sticking together." City CEO Ferran Soriano told players: “Trust me like I trust you, this will be dropped.”— Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh) February 17, 2020
That's exactly what the guys inside the dressing room needed to hear right about now.
The morale around the team has been low ever since the news of the two-year ban was revealed. However, City has already said they're appealing this decision in hopes of things being overturned. They have quite the case, and have been emphatic in saying they didn't break any rules.
But for Guardiola, as he made so clear, it doesn't matter to him what happens with the impending appeal. He's not going to turn his back on the club he loves so much if the worse indeed does happen.
Since taking over for City in 2016, Guardiola has won two English Premier League titles. He's widely considered among the best managers not only in England, but in all of Europe. His players love him and so do the supporters.
After he's let everyone know Manchester is his home and nothing will change that, the admiration for him undoubtedly will only grow.